Blueprint masterfully advises prominent local non-profit on strategic sale of trophy healthcare campus
- Located in the Philadelphia suburb of North Wales, the Madlyn and Leonard Abramson Center for Jewish Life is a flagship healthcare campus and fixture of the community that had been owned and operated by a non-profit organization that carefully selected Blueprint to advise on the sale.
- Built in 2001 on 78 acres, the immaculate and meticulously maintained facility underwent over $5 million in renovations since 2008 and is comprised of 324 licensed skilled nursing and long-term care beds, 46 personal care units, and two independent living units.
- Featuring only private room accommodations and outstandingly appointed amenities, Abramson Center established a stellar reputation and numerous recognitions including the 5-Star CMS rating and named one of the nation’s Best Nursing Homes by Newsweek.
- The seller valued a continuation of its mission and religious programming, an ongoing relationship with the incoming buyer, and substantial direct care staff retention. In turn, Blueprint conducted a confidential, laser-focused marketing campaign to a small group of pre-selected and seller-approved prospects based on Blueprint’s intimate knowledge of the active buyer market.
- The initial 30-day marketing process in Q1 2020 established tremendous market interest, generating eight highly competitive acquisition proposals from regional and national owner-operators, as well as several private equity investors, many of which included substantial non-refundable deposits upon contract signing prior to due diligence. Following the final round of bidding by select finalists, Blueprint’s process optimized both price and execution certainty.
- Upon completion of the interview stage, the Board favored Imperial Healthcare Group as the selected buyer for its unique vision and approach. Blueprint actively guided all parties throughout the entire transaction process, expertly and creatively navigating market headwinds caused by the pandemic to a successful closing and seamless operational handoff.